Thursday, December 4, 2008

What I learned in 110 Writing Class

Today when I worked on my paper, I realized I learn a lot in my writing class. I know the first important thing is to state a specific thesis. I need to use body paragraphs to support the thesis is something. I need use specific example when I state a main idea.
A specific is an important step to start my paper. If there isn’t a proper thesis, it would be hard to continue following paragraphing. I got this class in once paper writing experience. My thesis in my loss paper was too general. So I had a hard time to write my body paragraphs. No matter what I wrote, I didn’t feel satisfied about it. It was really hard to go on the next step, so there was no way to get an essay done well. It made body paragraphs too general, too. Everything is hard to go on due to it.
Body paragraphs need to support thesis. Paragraphs serve for thesis, they make readers to believe my thesis is responsible, is worthy to trust. It isn’t an easy job that just flows like water. It should be something that is persuadable and appeal to people to read the whole essay.
Specific examples used in body paragraphs are necessary. One example is better than any state to support the main idea in each body paragraphs. In my essay paper, I used to ignore to cite an example to support the main idea. So that is why I didn’t get a good grade in my paper. No example means too general, no detail to explain main idea. However, college writing’s evaluation wants to see our specific detail on every parts of essay.
In my writing 110 class, I got to know the 3 important points that I should refer to in a good essay. Specific thesis, strong body paragraphs to support thesis, and detailed example to support main idea that is in each body paragraph. Missing any one of them won’t get a successful essay.

No comments: