Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I feel I am grown up

Time flies, these days I realized I have been in America by myself for almost a year. That means a lot for me, because I used to be a girl who was never far from family, far from parents’ care. So I think I am grown up now. I can tell from I know how to live on my own, how to try my best to get thing done well, how to make myself to get closer to my life target.
I am grown up because I know how to live on my own. I didn’t use to know how to live on my own when I was in China. Parents did a lot thing for me. For example doing laundry for me, sending me to school, picking clothes for me, they also told me that I shouldn’t do anything because it is bad. But now I pretty sure I am doing everything on my own. I guess environment taught and force me to learn how to live on my own with taking good care of myself. First I know health is most important thing for me to live overseas by myself. So I am eating regularly and healthy. I am working out like American everyday, I care about my body. Another thing I have to face is sometimes live on my own is an experience that is full of loneliness. I always stay home by myself most time to deal with my class stuff or think about my plan for that day like when is the best time to go shopping, when I get to cook dinner for me or how to hang out with my friend on weekends. I am grown up I am living on my own, and I am doing good.
I am grown up because I know how to try my best to get things done well. I was not good at getting things down well before. But now I learned how to do it. For example I work on my school stuff everyday. I write essay and revise it. To make it better ,I look through information on-line, or borrow some book from school library or talk with my writing center tutor or pay attention when I hang out with my friends, try to learn something. All I want is get my essay done well. For my theater class, I work on our team project with my team members together. I want to finish it better, so I have been to library a lot to look at information or borrow some books about theater. Finally I cooperate with my team members pretty well, get our project really successful.
I am grown up because I am trying my best to get closer to my life target. All I am doing now is for my life target, to be a successful business woman. I feel I am getting closer to my life target through going to college, live on my own, making a lot of friends. Staying in college is the first step to be a successful business woman. I am learning in college, I am getting smarter. I know what I want in my life, that I want to do in my life and how to make it easier to close my target. Secondly making a lot friends do help me to realize what I need learn from others to make myself better. Living on my own is an important way to get me closer to my life target. It makes me to know myself well, to push me go through something tough which is good for me.
I can tell I am grown up because I know how to live by myself, how to get things done well, how to get closer to my life target. I feel I am getting my whole life together, walking toward my future.

No comments: